Saturday, September 11, 2004

here comes the story of the hurricane...

Frances has made it next to impossible to secure some ice cream in this town. Yesterday I went to Friendly's for a sundae with my "grandparents." How is it that their peanut butter sauce is so amazingly delicious? Oh how I love ice cream. Oh how I hate Frances because she took away my ice cream. In lieu of ice cream, I settled on a nice box of Whoppers. Whew, they're good! And guess what? They contain 30% less fat than the average chocolate candy! Does that mean I should eat 30% more?


Why are Whoppers so dang tasty? Posted by Hello

My week spent in Atlanta was all about family. My great aunt, Olivia, passed away and our main purpose for going to Atlanta was for her funeral, the evacuation was secondary. I really only remember Olivia for her crazy pilgrim-like shoes. I loved them. Most everyone would think they were dorky, but then again, I choose to wear saddle shoes. It was kind of fun to be around lots of my mother's cousins and I took the opportunity to soak up stories about their grandmother and about my mom's dad (who passed away when she was 17). Anyway, Olivia was my mom's favorite aunt. Olivia was one of eight children, one of me mom's dad's sisters. Now, my great aunt, Anne, is the only Blackwell sibling left. She lives about 3 doors down from my grandmother, so we were able to spend some time visiting with her. I have quite a bit to say about my family, or my grandfather and his parents, but I'm not quite sure where to begin or how to articulate it all. I'll just say this: my heart is full with all thatI've learned about them. I wish I knew them.

I ate the entire box of Whoppers. The back of the box says there were 3.5 servings. If you're Alisa Beth Mix, there's only 1 serving. But now I'm feeling a little sick and in need of something to drink. Farewell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMIGOSH!
Kelly

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home