Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Heroes in a Half Shell...TURTLE POWER

(I'm singing)
Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (he's a radical rat!)
Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (that's a fact, chap!)
Rapheal is cool, but crude (gimme' a break!)
Michaelangelo is a party dude!
(yes, I remember that theme song word for word from my childhood!)

Sooo...do you want to know my secret talent?! I don't mean to brag, but I pretty much have mad skillz when it comes to drawing a teenage mutant ninja turtle. It's a skill I honed in Mrs. Krienbell's class (4th grade). I was all about the ninja turtles in 4th and 5th grades. My mom was even cool enough to take me to see the first movie on opening day! So, how come I'm thinking about these 4 cool turtles? Well, this weekend I saw my 4 year old cousin, Samuel, and he was Leonardo for Halloween. I think he was amazed that I busted out with the entire theme song for him to dance around to :-).
Anyhow, I haven't lost my gift (the ability to draw these turtles). I used to draw these little guys during class and today, guess what? After our morning prayer meeting, I decided to see if I still had the talent. OH AND GUESS WHAT?! I still do. I think I pretty much amazed the heck out of the CIA members who were at the prayer meeting. I am that good. If only I had a scanner, I'd scan in my drawings and load them up to my blog. Just take my word for it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil Posts:

I don't know... I was pretty good at drawing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was in the 6th grade. I might be able to beat you at it. A "Turtle-lympics" perhaps? The usual wager?

3:40 AM  
Blogger alisa beth said...

Oh oh oh! I accept the challenge. You're on for the "Turtle-lympics." That means I have roughly a month and a half to work on my skillz and practice. So either way, I'm reading for ice cream.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grayson just happens to LOVE the Ninja turtles...I actually bought him some Ninja Turtle stuff today for Christmas :) Just thought I'd share that with you!
Joy =)

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home