Monday, August 23, 2004

hey hey, can you hear anything I say...

I've had the newest Relient K cd since, oh about, late April. I love it, it's awesome, but I mainly listen to tracks 1 through 6 and 9 and 10 ('cause you're my dream, please come true!). By the time track 14 rolls around, I'm not listening with my full attention. The moment that I heard track 14 for the first time I was in Nashville driving around, aimlessly I might add, trying to find Belmont University. When I'm lost, or when it's dark, music kind of bothers me because I can't concentrate. So, when I realized I had no idea where I was, I focused in on the song that was playing and decided that I needed to turn the music down. "From End to End" was playing (man, Relient K carried me on so much of my road trip) and all of a sudden, I heard the lyrics and was like, "What was that? This is an amazing song. I can't turn the music down...I must listen closely." Well, I spun that sucker on repeat for hours...no lie. Yesterday I listened to "From End to End" about 6 or 7 times (as I was dusting my camel collection...again, no lie). It's such a worthy song...that it gets a post.

Have you ever felt like this? Have you ever felt like screaming these lyrics? (ok, maybe not screaming, but definitely saying these words in an excited manner) I could say so much about what these lyrics make me feel...but, I'll just let you read them and maybe you'll connect to them, too.

...hey hey, can you hear anything i say
i'm feeling unwanted, that's not what i wanted
and attention to me is something you refuse to pay

cause i just can't believe the way that this
continues to go on
i say i wish you didn't always think i'm wrong

so tell me
tell me what will it take to get this through your head
and tell me what will it take
until you see things through from end to end...

...hey hey, can you hear anything i say
you search for the short-cut, you live life but for what
i love you and hope you will find the truth some day

cause i just can't believe the way that this
continues to go on
i say i wish you didn't always think i'm wrong

so tell me
tell me what will it take to get this through your head
and tell me what will it take
until you see things through from end to end...

(I've left quite a bit of the lyrics out...you should go and read them if you want to: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/relientk/fromendtoend.html)

Man, I love this song. It's the song that comes to mind when my heart is so heavily laden with the burden of those who I care so deeply for...and they just don't get it.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a-b,

is this an even newer Reliant K than "Two Lefts..."?

if so I might just have to pick that up...

phil.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Colby said...

Yes, please tell me as well, because if my little bro (the "I've-gone-to-every-concert-Relient-K-has-ever-played-here-even-before-they-were-big-
so-that-means-in-some-small-way-I-am-responsible-for-their-success" fanatic) doesn't find out soon he'll explode and all I'll have left of him is his shoes.

And I don't like his shoes that much.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Colby said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:47 AM  
Blogger alisa beth said...

Hey guys...no, the song "From End to End" is straight up, track 14, from the Two Lefts CD.

:-)

You're not missing anything. But, I suspect that maybe I'm not the only one who's not listening as closely to the cd when track 14 comes on.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home