Saturday, August 21, 2004

garden state at last

I may not have been able to see Napoleon Dynamite for the fifth time today, but at least Garden State finally came to a theater near me. I've been greatly anticipating the release of this movie for quite some time. It hit select theaters when I was in Nashville and I had hoped to see it while I was there (because I just knew that it would not be playing in Palm Bay or Melbourne). Sadly, though, it wasn't playing in Nashville either.

Anyhow...Zack Braff (the cute and crazy boy from Scrubs) wrote, directed, and starred opposite Natalie Portman in this hard to describe movie. I knew little to nothing about the movie upon entering the theater (and if you know me at all, that's unusual...for I like to know everything, including the ending, of movies before I see them). Here are my thoughts...



Zack and Natalie delivered stellar preformances. I like both actors so much that I would probably say that of them regardless if it was true. But, trust me, they were both good. It wasn't one of those you can see it coming love stories (at least, not in my opinion) and I really liked the development of their whirlwind relationship (the movie takes place over the course of 4 days). It was strangely believable and not one of those, "Oh my goodness, that's too good and perfect to be true, it'd never happen in real life." There were some great shots: when they're in the pool and the pool light is right between them, when Natalie "tap dances" in front of the fire place (I think that one's actually in the previews), and when they're standing atop a bulldozer in the pouring down rain screaming into a canyon. I loved those moments in the movie. (Don't worry, I haven't given anything away.)

Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home