Saturday, August 21, 2004

a brother called alias

This morning I got an invitation to take a quiz that Alias, my brother, made up. Well, I accepted his challenge and the results were bad. I scored a 40% (and that was because I had lucky guesses on 2 of the questions). Alias scored a 90% on my quiz (thank you, Alias, for knowing what color my eyes are). I suspect the only reason he missed the question about what instrument I don't play is because it was worded strangely (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, because certainly he should have known I played the cello in an organized orchestra for 10 years of my life!).

Upon taking his 10 question quiz, I realized just how little I know about my brother. I even got semi-simple things like favorite television show and favorite rock band incorrect! I've always considered knowing someone well and being known well by someone the greatest things...ever. How disappointing, though, to realize that I don't even know my only brother; I don't know him well that is. I've always enjoyed reading and filling out those survey things that get sent around on email (and are now posted on blogs). I just love to eat up every little detail about my friends...and sometimes, I like to tell them every little detail about myself. Sadly though, I haven't taken the time to eat up every little detail about my brother...:(.

I've learned 10 new things about Alias today. One of which is kind of impressive, and definitely unique: he's undergone 29 tattooing sessions (something I actually got right...but it was a guess). His favorite television show is The Shield (not The West Wing) and his favorite rock band is Disturbed (not Creed). However, in my defense, at one time The West Wing and Creed were his favorites.

Here are things I do know about Alias: his eyes are way bluer than mine, he likes caramel (just like his sister), he enjoys our mom's quiche, he used to wear those really high tube socks with stripes on the tops, he doesn't like sour cream or tomatoes, he hated playing Trivia Adventure with me, he'll always win at Monopoly, he's way better at Super Mario Brothers (and all other video games for that matter) than I am, he is passionate about things (BMX, Scouts, Navy, music), he loves Rottweilers, he used to be the best undiscovered rapper, animals like him and will choose to sit in his lap before they'll sit in mine, he can be funny (but, not as funny as me!), his teeth are strangely straight without the help of an orthodontist, and he sunburns easily.



Here we are, brother and sister, 5 years and some worlds apart, but still brother and sister! And, with time, I'll eat up every detail about him and I'll pass the next quiz.
[fyi: this photo is over 3 years old...taken in front of Hotel Del in San Diego...we need an updated back to back brother/sister shot :-)]
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AliAS.... AliSA, your names rock.

KELLY

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home