Monday, August 30, 2004

LIVE AND IN CONCERT

Yesterday was great. I met Sharon at the City Place Anthropologie (remember, this is my favorite store) in West Palm Beach. So, my big purchase on this Anthropologie trip was: a pair of yellow flower earrings! This brings my earring collection up to a grand total of...3 pairs (a pair of pearls I got for college graduation, the purply flowers one I wear all the time which I picked up at Target, and now...the prettiest yellow flowered earrings you ever did see!). We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, which I hadn't been to since I left Miami. It brought back so many memories! Sometimes it's fun to stroll down memory lane. Then...we headed to Palm Beach Atlantic University's Chapel by the Lake for a Caedmon's Call Concert. We arrived at this outdoor venue at 6 pm. The concert was to start at 7 pm, but it was delayed because of the afternoon rain. However, we made it to the front row (right in the center might I add) just in time to watch Garrett set up his drums and take a picture with Cliff.

So, here's a nice little picture of the band a few years back. This was before Derek parted ways and before Andy O. (Andrew Osegna, formally of The Normals) joined forces. Notice Derek (2nd from the right) smiling and looking happy to be wearing matching jump suits and flip flops. Garrett is the one growling like some sort of animal in the front row. And Cliff is peeping his un-covered head from the back row (he usually wears a baseball cap). However, Cliff and Garrett were both sporting buzz cuts last night (ala Derek).



The concert was amazing. It was outside right on the intercoastal and the moon was beautiful and full! I got a few great pictures of Danielle (my hero, who is the only girl pictured above and married to Cliff) singing and the full moon right behind her. I hope they turn out good! Oh, guess what other picture I got: Cliff and me! He was wearing a shirt that said THE MIX. So, naturally, I had to go and tell him that that was my last name and then take my picture with him :)!

They sang some oldies and a killer cover of Paul Simon's "Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes". Also, they have a new album coming out October 12, "Share the Well". They played a couple of tracks from the new CD. Both were great, especially "Mother India".

Before the concert, I was wondering how it'd be without Derek in the group. I had seen them once before since Derek departed, and I was still bitter about the split. However, it was awesome this time around. I think that Andy O. really is a great addition to the group! Truly it was a great show!

Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA! awesomeeeeeee....... my weekend also was awesome.
I have a 3 day weekend NEXT weekend. yay
ttyl mixmasta
KELLY

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home