Saturday, August 28, 2004

"You gotta hear this one song...

it'll change your life I promise!"

That quote is from Garden State. I just got back from Best Buy where I purchased the CD. I was kind of feeling guilty for spending money needlessly, but in the end, I justified my purchase with, "I feel sorry for myself because I don't have Sandra McCracken's new CD yet." I was also feeling guilty about purchasing the CD because my desire for it crept up on me suddenly. It's not like I've wanted it for months, like Relient K's cd The Anatomy of Tongue and Cheek. Anyway, I bought it, it's playing on my computer now as I write this entry. So far we're on track 11 of 13 and I love every song. It's very rare that I like every song on a CD. Even on a Caedmon's Call or a Derek CD, there's usually that one song that I skip.

So, I love that quote: Natalie says it to Zack as they're sitting in a doctor's office waiting room. She's referring to a song by The Shins, who I had never heard of, but I'm glad to have two of their songs on the soundtrack. Now, I'm trying to think of what songs I would say, "You gotta hear this one song, it'll change your life I promise," about. Here's what I'm quickly coming up with:

I Boast No More -- Derek Webb (words by Isaac Watts)
Awake My Soul -- Sandra McCracken
Emotionally Yours or Heart of Mine -- Bob Dylan
The High Countries -- Caedmon's Call
Bad -- U2
If These Old Walls Could Speak -- Amy Grant
24 -- Switchfoot
From End to End -- Relient K
Ice Ice Baby -- Vanilla Ice (please understand: I like to joke)
The Great Adventure -- Steven Curtis Chapman (again, I like to joke)


I selected the above songs by asking myself this question: "If I was trying to get someone to fall in love with a particular artist based on hearing one song, which song would I play for him/her?"

There's a popular survey circulating on the blogs I visit about "The Soundtrack of My Life." Sadly, that is the exact title of something I've been writing (don't you hate it when you realize whatever great I idea you thought you came up with on your own totally isn't original?). I've been thinking about it for quite some time and have nearly compiled my list. So, stay tuned :).

Happy Saturday!

PS: I'm going to see Caedmon's Call tomorrow...for FREE






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caedmon's Call.. what's that? Anyways, it was fun with you at the game yesterday. See you wednesday, you know why wednesday? Because that's what day CIA is on. =)

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home