Thursday, September 30, 2004

Pink Mascara

For those of you who so bravely took my 10 question quiz about 2 months ago, you already know that I have been coveting pink mascara for quite some time now. Every time I've been to a drugstore in the last 2 months, I have been searching the cosmetics for pink mascara. You will NOT believe what I found this evening in K-Mart. (well, I'm fairly certain that with my brilliant set-up you will guess...pink mascara) I found ONE SINGLE SOLITARY pink mascara! It's actually called Wild Orchid. Nice, huh? But alas, in an ultimate sacrifce, I will be presenting it to Miss Kelly Elizabeth Hales tomorrow at school (she is coming to spend a day in my classroom! yay yay yay!) I wanted to buy us matching tubes of pink mascara, but there was only ONE in the WHOLE store. I am giving it to her witha very happy heart. The way I figure it, she, being a hip high schooler, can totally get more use out of pink eyelashes than I ever could. Where would I don pink mascara? I would be tempted to wear it to school, but so many people mistake me for a student as it is, I don't want to give them any more fuel. My day for pink mascara will eventually come. I will find another tube...one day. But OH my, I am HIGHLY excited to give it to Kelly. I hope she likes it as much as her BRIGHT blue mascara.

Bless whoever it was who dreamt up colored mascara. Who needs boring black eyelashes when she can have pink, purple, green, blue, or red ones? The world needs more color!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

how selfless of you to give it up! i don't think i could have. i like the idea of colored mascara. i'm not allowed to wear makeup, except what my dad calls "tasteful" lip gloss, but one of my friends has blue mascara and it looks awesome.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Colby said...

From now on, this day will be known as The Day of Great Sacrifice, in honor of Alisa Beth's noble decision to give up the pink mascara for a wee lass. My sacrifice will be generosity: it will be hard, but I will try my best not to be generous. Thank you for the inspiration, A-B, and God Bless America.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE PINK MASCARA! Little did you know that I was also searching everywhere to get us matching pink mascara. I looked in Tampa but I didn't find any. Also, due to the hurricane, pink mascara was the last thing on my gma and gpa's minds. PSCH! Oh well. I LOVE THE PINK MASCARA! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Also, I hope you like the hand bag that I ever so creatively crafted for you! :)
If you're my dream please come true.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't wear mascara because, well, I'm a guy. :-) However, back in high school I went through the phase where I wore really bright clothes, and even though I don't as much now, I am a complete sucker for a colorful tie. One of the my things is too have one of, if not the best, tie wherever I go. Granted I rarely need to wear one as of late.

Matt

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alisa Beth this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: Pink Mascara. It pulled me right out of my researching on making out french kissing products and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job Alisa Beth. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with making out french kissing stuff for now. Have a good day Alisa Beth.

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alisa Beth this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: Pink Mascara. It pulled me right out of my researching on french kissing products and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job Alisa Beth. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with french kissing stuff for now. Have a good day Alisa Beth.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great blog! I read all I can about new home brevard county florida. I also have a new home brevard county florida site/blog that has some intersting information about Brevard Real Estate. Stop by if you get the time...

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home