Wednesday, June 30, 2004

A Very Big Day

Today is a big day: Matt turned 25, Kevin and Christie are moving into their brand new house (remember, I'm waiting for the BBQ invite), I went to aquafit (more about that later), and in a moment I will try to post my first picture on my blog...let's see if this works...



That's me and Matt...and Kevin took the picture! That was 2 summers ago right after I got my red cowboy boots (which I am wearing in the picture but sadly you can't see them...but, you can see my snappy cowgirl shirt). I dare say that both boys were embarassed that I actually wore my boots...shame, shame. Anyway, in high school I used to call Matt, Clark Kent. For some reason he reminded me of Clark. He would always ask me, "Does this mean I look like Dean Cain?" Sometimes he called me Clarissa (from Clarissa Explains it All...I think mainly because I acted like her, not because I look like Melissa Joan Hart). I called Kevin, Kevin Lo-fat (because his last name is Lo) and he called me Alisa Mixed-Fruit. Gee, this is probably a pretty boring blog...sorry. All in all, Kevin and Matt, you're pretty cool...except when you SHHHHHH me in public (I hate that, you know!) and when you're embarassed by my boots (although, Matt...you're not embarassed any more, right?).

So, Happy Birthday, Matt and Congrats on the new digs, Christie and Kevin.

You wanna hear about Aquafit now? So, my mom and I went to the gym this morning and were JUST IN TIME for the aquafit class (I love saying aquafit!). It's a water aerobics class and I had so much fun (I had never been to a water aerobics class before). I was the youngest one there and I think my mom was probably the second youngest! We were surrounded by these old ladies (one wore water shoes and another wore a SHOWER CAP!...I kid you not). The old ladies taught us the ropes and I'm so looking forward to going back tomorrow. After the hour long class, my mom and I stayed in the pool to goof off. We tried racing down the lanes, but I got annoyed because she KEPT WINNING! We practiced the frog stroke (which was quite fun) and pretended like we knew how to do pilates. Well...two lanes over all hell broke loose! Some fat guy was leaning against the wall and this other guy was swimming slowly and kept bumping into him. The two were about to come to blows. The exchange went something like this:

Fat Guy: Watch where you're going.
Swim Guy: Why don't you move?
Fat Guy: Go swim in another lane.
Swim Guy: Why don't you move?
Fat Guy: Go and report me.
Swim Guy: No, because I don't want you to cry, you cry baby!

(I am not kidding...grown men were actually fighting like 6 year olds!)

As amusing as the boy fight was, my mom and I decided to exit the pool and so now we're eagerly awaiting tomorrow's aquafit class!

WHAT A BIG DAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home