Friday, September 17, 2004

Blog Number 96

I'm counting down to the 100th post! Anything that is 100 is cause for celebration. For instance, I give my students smarties on the 100th day of school (because afterall, they are 100 days smarter...or at least in theory they should be).

Nothing too deep or exciting to discuss tonight. However, I stopped by www.grassrootsmusic.com tonight after a long hiatus and discovered some things:

Relient K has a new album coming out on November 2. I am excited and plan on purchasing their Anatomy of Tongue and Cheek tomorrow (since today was payday and I want a treat).

The tracklisting for the new Caedmon's Call release Share the Well is up, but no real audio samples.

And there was a crap article on Bebo Norman. I don't think there are any Bebo-ites who read this blog, so I feel that I can safely call it a crap article (and truth be told, it wasn't even an article, it was more blurb-like...it was a Bebo Blurb, which is amusing to say...and write).

Just so everyone knows: there are 20 more days until I see Derek and Sandra Live and In Concert. Here is the silliest prayer request I've ever asked for, but would you all please pray that she'll sing "Awake My Soul" and "High Countries." I just saw someone's blog who recently saw her in concert and she sang those two songs (along with about 20 others....how awesomely blessed that crowd was to see her sing over 20 sings!!). They're like my all time favorite songs and wish her to sing them! So, pray! Thanks.

Well, happy weekend, everyone. I'm off.

2 Comments:

Blogger alisa said...

Along with praying, Id email DaveJac. www.davejac.net

(hes the webbs tour manager)

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still buy stuff from Grassroots because you miss the whole thing about them being bought and numerous artist being not paid, or where you there just looking for info?

A couple places that are good to buy from in case you didn't know.

http://www.independantbands.com/
http://www.pastemusic.com/

I got an e-mail about the Relient K CD and it had "Attention teens and youth leaders..." Nice to see I'm so in their marketing range. :-)

Matt(who has "Anatomy of Tongue and Cheek")

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home