Saturday, October 02, 2004

I Now Own This:


Today I got a new CD. I haven't heard the whole album yet, but evey song I've heard so far has been amazing. If you're fond of Emmylou Harris, Julie Miller, or my personal favorite, Sandra McCracken, Patty Griffin will be a welcome addition to your cd collection. I was torn between purchasing Impossible Dream or 1,000 Kisses. I decided upon Impossible Dream because it has the track "When it Don't Come Easy." That track was one of the four that Matt sent my way and it is what I like to call "heartbreakingly beautiful." For the last couple of days I have listened to that song on repeat. It's absolutely beautiful and worthy of me posting the lyrics. So, here they are.

Red lights are flashing on the highway
I wonder if we are ever gonna get home
I wonder if we're ever gonna get home tonight
Everywhere the water's getting rough
Your best intentions may not be enough
If you break down, I'll drive by and find you
If you forget my love, I'll try to remind you
And stay by you when it don't come easy
When it don't come easy
I don't know nothing except change will come
Year after year what we do is undone
TIme keeps moving from a crawl to a run
I wonder if we're gonna ever get home
You're out there walking down a highway
And all of the signs got blown away
Sometimes you wonder if you're walking in the wrong direction
So many things I had before
That don't matter to me now
Tonight I cry for the love that I've lost
And the love I've never found
When the last bird falls
And the last siren sounds
Someone will say what's been said before
It's only love we were looking for

Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually going to do my own post on this song today. I've also been listening to it on repeat over and over again.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home