Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Meet the Macaron

The main reason that I'm returning to Paris for Christmas (which will mark my third trip to the city) is because of the macaron. Not to be confused with the American coconut cookie, the macaroon. Allow me to introduce the magical and marvelous macaron:

On our last Parisian Christmas trip, my mom and I frequented the famous tea rooms, Lauduree. My mom was the one to discover the amazing tea rooms because they were promiently featured in her favorite magazine, Victoria. I dare say that during the 8 days that we were in Paris, we sampled every flavor. They are:
Chocolate - Bitter chocolate - Vanilla - Coffee - Hazelnut praline - Rose petal - Pistachio - Raspberry - Lemon - Blackcurrant violet - Salted butter Caramel - Morello cherry Amaretto - Coconut - Blackcurrant violet - Lime Basil - Icy mint - Chestnut - Orange - Almond - Liquorice - Gingerbread - Violet
My friend it loaning me his digital camera, so hopefully it will be easy to share pictures upon my return. I will be sure to document each macaron eating experience :).
Meet the Macaron Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home