Tuesday, November 15, 2005

It smelled like rain today...

It's the holiday season and while it's not as chilly as I would like it to be, I'm still thrilled. I listen to Christmas music year round, but the fact that it's officially the time for seasonal tunes makes it seem like I'm not breaking some unwritten law. In a post or two ago I mentioned how I don't understand people who don't love music in general. I'd like to qualify that: I really don't understand people who don't love Christmas music. I finally took Copeland out of my cd player and put in some old school Michael W. Smith (his first Christmas album). Christmas music is simply...magical.

Guess what, everyone? Had he lived, ODB (you know, from the Wu Tang Clan) would have been 37 today. Also, twenty years ago today the 200th episode of Dallas aired. Dallas reminds me of a student I had last year. Let's call her Lauren (because that seems to be such a common name! I have 3 in one class this year alonw). Lauren was in my first period class and enjoyed wearing pink shirts with her leather mini-skirt. She sat in the front row and wrote with a pen that had a big pink puff ball on the top of it (that's the best way I can think of to describe it). She had An American Girls journal that she wrote in incessantly and she really loved Passions, Days of Our Lives, and Dallas. I haven't met many 15 year olds who love Dallas, let alone know what Dallas is. Anyway, Lauren was very quiet and reserved, but she would literally light up if I brought up Dallas (not that I would bring it up naturally in conversation, but once I learned of her love for the crazy show, I'd do my best to bring it up every now and then). She would come to life when talking about J.R. and Bobby. I enjoyed chatting with her during homeroom occassionally because she'd fill me in on the goings-on in the soap world (I used to regularly watch Days of Our Lives and Passions). Anyway, Lauren's moved on...I'm sure she's still watching Dallas on Soap Net every afternoon and I'm sure she's still donning the hot pink shirt and leather mini-skirt. I realize that this story isn't the best...and now it's over.

In cool Copeland news, yesterday the split EP arrived (the one from a few posts back where I was complaining that they estimated that it'd be 3 weeks before I'd have it in my cd player). "May I Have This Dance" is beautiful and sweet and "Second Star to the Right, Go Until Dawn" of course is a favorite since it alludes to the best story ever, Peter Pan. Just moments ago I happed, by pure luck, upon MP3s of Aaron's first band, Ev Angel. Their stuff is a little punky, but it's ok...a fan doesn't discriminate and wants all material available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home