Saturday, July 17, 2004

3 More Movies

I FINALLY saw Pirates of the Carribean. Brilliant! Great fun! I loved every minute of it! I thought Captain Jack Sparrow was wonderful -- very funny! Generally, I think pirates get a bad wrap (I like pirates), and Jack Sparrow does something to restore their reputation. Peter Pan is still my favorite pirate movie (actually, it's really the only other pirate movie that I've seen), but Pirates of the Carribean comes in a close second. Hmmmm...the only other semi-pirate movies that come to mind are The Goonies and The Princess Bride [the Dread Pirate Roberts :-)]. I think that monkeys make better pirate pets than parrots. Birds irriate me.

I watched Runaway Jury with John Cusack. I really enjoyed this movie, too. I am one of those people who enjoy knowing the ending of movies so that I can relax and just enjoy the film...so, about 15 minutes into the movie, I called up my mom and asked her how it ended! It was excellent! And, there's a remake of one of my all time favorite Dylan songs in the movie too, "Heart of Mine", by Norah Jones. :-)

I tried watching Intolerable Cruelty, but found it to be intolerable. It was annoying. I like George Clooney as Dr. Doug Ross on ER or as Billy Ocean. Anything else, NO. Batman?! Definitely a NO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home