Monday, September 20, 2004

A WHEAT Field, apparently -- Post 98

I think when I grow up I want to live somewhere where the corn/wheat grows. I want more than orange groves. I think a nice-red-falling apart-wooden barn is perfect. I also like looking at pictures of wheat fields (but I chose only to post a picture of a corn field because I can't post more than one picture in the same post using Hello and since I'm so close to post #100, I want to save them up...but guess what?! It's a wheat field anyway!). So anyway, I'd like this to be my backyard some day:

It's simply beautiful. Today it rained nearly all day. I hate the hot sun and so Florida is not really a good place for me to live for the rest of my life. I read an essay today about a student's favorite place. It was all about Brevard County. It was really sweet and I love the fact that he loves his home and wants to stay here forever and ever. I want more than Brevard County though. I want corn, or wheat, or a barn.
Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other words, the Midwest is where you want to live at? Most people move from the Midwest to Florida, not the opposite. :-) We(us in Michigan) don't get a heavy amount of rain, but in the words of a former co-worker who lived in California, "Do you guys have something against the sun?" Where I live has like the second highest amount of clouds. Number one being Seattle. It's also fairly cheap living too. Not that I'm trying to recruit you, or anything. :-) I'm sure a bunch of farm boys in Nebraska and Iowa can't wait for you to move. :nods:

8:05 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I'm so sorry to burst your bubble, but coming out of corny Indiana, your picture isn't of corn. I don't know what it is (wheat?) but it is not of corn on the cob on the stalk. Corn is very leafy and broadly green.

What we have here in Indiana, that you don't have as much in Texas or Florida, are seasons. My mom painted her apartment orange and burnt orange when she lived in Texas because she missed the October foliage. The pictures look very strange.

One of the families I babysit for has some property, fruit trees, and a ramshakle white barn. I love their old farm style house too. I love visiting Florida, but like my mom, I think that if I got too far away from the changes of the seasons, everything would seem the same.

My best wishes on finding your own red barn.

10:36 PM  
Blogger alisa beth said...

Ok, Matt -- funny comment. I think farm boys love me because I have red cowboy boots!

And Meg, DARN GOOGLE IMAGE searches! You're telling me that I got a wheat field when I typed in corn field?

Shoooooot.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want pics of corn fields, I can give you that. :-) My hometown even has this thing where they build a maze in one and then let people play paintball in it.

http://www.lansingnoise.com/stories/wedareyou/paintball.html

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home