Wednesday, November 24, 2004

on dorky books

As I was standing in the library awaiting my turn at the teacher copy machine a few days ago (was it just Monday?), I happed upon a book (much like when I discovered that book of Tolkien's letters). It was a biography of Martin Luther, someone who I'm rather fond of. I checked it out. As I was walking back to my classroom, I ran into my hero, Mrs. Graham (who is a MAJOR reason why I'm teaching today). She looked at my book (with a very ugly picture of Martin with a monk's garb on) and said, "Oh, Martin Luther King, huh? That's really great." I just held the book up to her so that she could get a better look and then she said, "Oh, that's not Martin Luther King, is it?" Anyway, I've enjoyed reading it during silent sustained reading this week. Martin Luther was a pretty cool dude.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, obviously.

My Uncle Lonnie (link to his site in my side bar) is working with an Austrailian model/LPGA star (strange combo, right?) next week: http://www.annarawson.net/ .

Here is something I stole from her -
THINGS I LOVE RIGHT NOW: my new post-its from Staples, my worn out black Reefs, the newest Relient K CD, Peter Pan and pumpkin pie (never goes out of style), my blog and livejournal, peppermint tea, my freshly bathed cats (they're so soft after their bath, I kid you not)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She may be attractive, but her biggest sports hero is Anna Kournikova. I think I'm going to hurl. :-)

Matt

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home