Thursday, November 25, 2004

The rain in PALM BAY!

The title of this post will only mean something to those of my readers who, like me, enjoy the tunes of the Christian folk/rock band, Caedmon's Call (all 3 of you!). To fill the rest of you in, on their latest album Share the Well, Andy O. sings a song called "The Rain in Bombay."

Anyway...

It's raining. It's Thanksgiving. Perhaps my theory should be resurrected (in case you didn't read my post about my theory, I used to believe that every Thanksgiving and Good Friday, rain would come).

Here's a random Thanksgiving memory that just popped into my head: One Thanksgiving, when the turkey was being served, everyone kept saying, "White, please," with only maybe one or two requesting the dark (we're talking meat here). When it was my turn, I asked for dark because I was a greedy kid and thought that since not many people asked for dark, there'd be more for me. Well, this greediness started a trend: give Alisa Beth the dark meat on Thanksgiving and Christmas. When I got a bit older and tried the white meat, I finally figured out what I was missing. Now, I pretty much never eat dark meat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home