Tuesday, November 09, 2004

tidbits

Tidbit One:

Yesterday I had the day off (sort of) and went to Viera (home of the school board) for a meeting for Future Problem Solvers coaches (great fun!). When I was a wee lass, I was an FPSer and was QUITE thrilled to become a coach this year to some brilliant FPSers. Anyhow, this lady came up to me and the following is the conversation we had:

Lady: You look so familiar and I recognize your name.
Me: stares blankly at lady
Lady: What elementary school did you go to?
Me: Palm Bay.
Lady: Hmmm, I was only there for one year, so that can't be where I know you from.
Me: stares at lady, not blankly, and makes a connection MRS. RIETER?!
Lady: Yes.
Me: getting way more excited than any other person would have been OH MY GOODNESS! YOU WERE MY FIRST GRADE GSP TEACHER.
Lady: Of course! Your face hasn't changed at all!

So, I'm 25, I was 6 when I was in first grade...19 years have passed and my face hasn't changed. Crazy. Anyway, I aboslutely loved Mrs. Rieter. I was very sad when she left (to have a baby). The replacement teacher, Miss Waible, was there for 2 years but had to leave once she married the principal! (scandalous!) I loved her, too. So then, in comes GSP teacher number 3 for my 4th - 6th grade years: Mrs. Thornburgh. We called her The Killer Thorn (we were not very fond of her). It was great to see Mrs. Rieter again and it was great to be recognized by her!

Tidbit Two

Today Derek Webb's cd has hit stores and it looks like in about 30 minutes I will be the proud owner of said cd (which I've been waiting for forever).

Tidbit Three

Dr. Pepper is NOT a decent substitute for Root Beer and I wish waitresses would stop offering it when they don't have Root Beer. Just because they're both brown and not coke does not mean they're interchangeable like waitresses seem to suggest. It's like me suggesting that Mountain Dew and Sprite are nearly the same (and my brother would throw a fit if I tried to slip him a Sprite instead of a Mountain Dew). Now, if in a restuarant I ordered a Mr. Pibb and they didn't have Mr. Pibb, then a waitress could suggest a Dr. Pepper (because they are indeed similar). Spite is similar to Sierra Mist. Mountain Dew is similar to Mellow Yellow. THERE IS NO FREAKING SUBSTITUTE TO ROOT BEER!

Tidbit Four

Gatorade is available in can form. Did you all know that?

That's all I have for you this afternoon. I'm outta here to score me a Derek Webb album. Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home