Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Are you kidding me??

So, tonight was crappy. It didn't start off that way, but it sure did end up crappy. Dinner was had at one of my favorite spots, Pizza Gallery (Where food becomes art.). The hostess had the greatest skirt in the history of skirts. After dinner, we walked a few storefronts down where I was treated to ice cream at the Marble Slab. Hello, pumpkin ice cream! And then my night went down hill...I began feeling sick (and I'm still not feeling up to par). So I'm about a mile away from home and what the heck is that noise I just heard? Oh right, I recognize it. It's my freaking muffler, or something, falling off my car and being dragged behind me! Sure enough, once the car is stopped, I can see the piece of whatever that should be tacked up to the underneath of my car. I am down right angry. I pull out all the papers/receipts which prove just how much money I've had to spend to fix my car (we're talking thousands) and I find the Meineke paperwork. I kind of feel like I just went through replacing the entire exhaust system, but it was actually 5 years ago that I did that. It was way back in Miami, August of 1999, and of course it took $433! Seriously, I'm angry. Seriously.

I hate cars. This should come as no surprise to anyone who has known me while I've had to deal with car problems. I feel like there should be a limit to the amount of car problems one person should have to deal with in a lifetime. I have well exceeded that limit, between the two cars that I've owned and my mom's cars. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

I don't really like the way I get when I feel sorry for myself, so even now as I'm writing this, I'm trying to think of things that I can do to calm myself. One thing keeps popping up. I love love love the song called "High Countries" (written by Sandra McCracken and sung by Danielle of Caedmon's Call...based on The Great Divorce). I think after a refreshing shower, I will settle down in bed to listen to "High Countries" on repeat while I read The Great Divorce.

The good thing is this: I have really lost all desire to watch television. I gladly gave up 7th Heaven and Everwood last night. Tonight I'm really not caring about Gilmore Girls or One Tree Hill. This is really good news. (However, I would like to continue watching Sunday night's Jack and Bobby and will of course resume watching Alias whenever it decides to come back on.)

Also, I just thought of something else that might serve to calm me. This past Sunday I was sitting in church thinking about some dear friends, Patrick and Aubrey. I was mainly thinking about their amazing wedding which was a year ago this past July. Both are very musical and so was their wedding. I was even thinking that I wanted to call them up and ask for a copy of their wedding on DVD (seriously, this wedding DVD that they had made is unbelievable! I was able to watch this summer when I visited them...so totally amazing!) just so that I could have the music. Well, driving home from church, I decided to change the radio station (something I try not to do since my crap car radio doesn't work very well). GUESS WHAT?! I heard a song playing that I recognized from Pat and Aubrey's wedding! I hadn't heard it in forever (since their wedding), but I loved it! So, I came home, got online, found the words/chords, and have intended on playing/singing it ... but have yet to do so. So, I will do that now (after my shower, of course). For those who might be interested in what the song was, it was "How Deep the Father's Love for Us." Here are the words:

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyong all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gan from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

So, it's nice to think of the Father's deep love for me...even in the middle of car problems.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(hums "When it don't come easy")

:-)

Well I'm sorry to hear about your car. I was in bed and unable to talk to you. I know with your house issue and now your car that things are kind of rough for you. I'll keep you in my prayers and hopefully we can chat tonight. Maybe I can channel some of my feeling better your way. :-)

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home