Sunday, October 17, 2004

Meet Hannah - hannaH

The three smiley students who knew their picture was being taken are (from left to right):
Kevin, Hannah-hannaH, and Jennifer. This is my second year as Kevin and Jennifer's teacher (which I'm very glad for because they're quite fun), but this is the first with Hannah-hannaH. (Ok, I'm writing her name as Hannah-hannaH to illustrate that her name is a palindrome. Ok, so how much fun would it be to have a palindrome for a name? SO MUCH FUN! Hannah's name gets better though, folks, her surname is...Moon!)

Here are a few things about Kevin: he loves Back to the Future, he has a periodic table t-shirt, Mr. Pekich is his hero (the scary chemistry teacher), he's musical, and he has a way of sitting in the back of the class and distracting me with crazy hand motions.

Here are a few things about Jennifer: she's on the golf team which translates to she gets to skip my class like every other day!, she's the mastermind behind naming our after school Bible study the C.I.A. (Christians In Action), and we totally are simpatico when it comes to the relationship of her older brother :-).

Now to Hannah-hannaH, the inspiration behind the post. Here are a few things about her: I met her before the first day of school. She came in my classroom with her mom during registration. I remember thinking, "Wow, Hannah, that's a nice name! You don't hear that name too often." (The only other Hannah I know (although I didn't really know her) was when Jennifer Garner guest starred on Felicity as Noel's girlfriend. Her name was Hannah and I remember it was hilarious when Felicity found out her name. She started freaking out saying, "Hannah!? What kind of name is Hannah!?" But, I like the name Hannah.) So, I was pleased to meet a student before the first day of class. Then I got my rosters and saw that her last name was...Moon! Oh, she was totally cool in my book simply based on the name alone. Some other things about Hannah are: she misses Ohio, her hair flips out perfectly, and it's natural (I have a great admiration for hair that does anything naturally like curl or flip), she has unusually neat handwriting (but not in the overly girlie big handwriting kind of way), and she always wears that grey sweatshirt.

There's more to Hannah, though. Sadly, HELLO (this picture posting program) allows me to post one picture at a time. So now it's time to move down to the next post.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She misses Ohio? (confused look) I didn't think it was worth missing. :-)

Matt(who lives in Michigan)

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home