Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Did you know?

Oh guess what?! I have stumbled upon my new favorite website: www.hookedonfacts.com. How I love random, but interesting, facts. Did you know that Americans eat nearly 100 acres of pizza every day - that's approximately 350 slices per second!? I really wish that I could get a job with some sort of fact company. I think it would be WAY fun to go out and research crazy things like how much pizza Americans consume on a daily basis (especially if it meant that I could consume some pizza!). Ok, this is a disturbing fact: In Florida, it is illegal to sing in public while attired in a swimsuit. I guess that means I really need to stop singing Annie show tunes while being decked out in my bathing suit while in public. (Yeah right I would ever do that! I am just kidding.)

Ok, so if you haven't heard of the best new show to hit TV this season, allow me to fill you in. Each Sunday evening, instead of watching Alias on ABC at 9 pm (since it's not coming back until January), you can fill that time slot instead with the WB's very own Jack and Bobby. It's an amazing show. Here's the premise: In the year 2041, Bobby McAllister becomes the president. Each episode interviews people like his Chief of Staff and the First Lady and they'll say something about the kind of person Bobby was and then BAM, it cuts to a flashback, which would actually be our present day. Jack is Bobby's older brother. It's a great new show. This past week's episode blew me away. Bobby's mother is a history professor, a very liberal feminist one, who is against organized religion. When the show first began I thought, "Oh no, here we go, another avenue to talk badly about religion/faith." However, by the first commerical break, I was amazed. The point was to show how Bobby began his search for religion which eventually led him to becoming an ordained pastor before he ran for office. In this make believe adminstration, Bobby took out the White House's bowling ally and replaced it with a nondenominational chapel where he would preach every Sunday. My goodness, how awesome would that be?! Anyway, I am glad that I have discovered this show. I am glad that my good friend, Clark Kent :-) (ok, his real name isn't Clark Kent, but that's what I've called him since about the 11th grade), watches the show too because this past Sunday we began the tradition of calling each other on every commercial break! Tune in next Sunday, WB, 9 pm...you won't be disappointed (trust me, I know I've said the same about shows like Dawson's Creek and Felicity, but this is different).


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do they handle the issue of the seperation of church and state? I would think a former pastor and one who preaches within the White House would bring up HUGE issues.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST READ...IT'S ME!! SELINA LUGTU!! I am only posting a comment under this subject because it is the most recent one you have written and I don't know much about how this works. Anyway, a friend of mine emailed me with a link to your blog because a co-worker of his recognized my name while reading through. I was in shock!! Here is my email address selinarl79@yahoo.com and I would love to hear from you!!! I hope you and your family are doing well and I hope to hear from you soon!!!! Selina

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home