Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Hmmmm.

So, I'm kind of stuck at school until about 5. It's not so bad to be stuck somewhere, especially in a place where you need to be stuck since grades have to turned in by 1 pm on Friday. 3 out of 5 classes are 100% complete! Way to go me!! Had a really rough 6th period today complete with disrespect, disruption, and (trying to think of another word beginning with dis to complete the alliteration) stuff. 2 students went to the dean (pretty much the first time I've had to send anyone out this whole year...I actually just finished writing up the referrals), 1 student had to sit outside to complete his assignment, and a bunch of students kept talking! I'm beginning to become increasingly frustrated with each assignment I give. It doesn't matter if I tell the kids to MAKE SURE to include the author and story title in their theme paragraphs. They don't listen. And for the ones who do listen, they can't quite remember to include the story title in quotation marks (even though I have told them that SO MANY times since the beginning of the year). I really could go on and on about how frustrated I am feeling right now, but it's probably really boring. But, before I quit complaining...one more complaint...how come it is entirely impossible for students to stack their grammar workbooks in one neat pile!? GOSH!

It just finished pouring. I love when it starts to pour, especially if the sky has been heavy and grey all day. When the rain finally falls, I feel satisfied and relieved. I wish it was still raining. Oh well. I'm pretty hungry right about now. My peanutbutter and jelly sandwich, string cheese, pudding cup, granola bar, and minican of Dr. Pepper has totally worn off. Fortunately, in my purse, there was a lone piece of gum...just waiting to refresh me :-).

So now I'm pretty much killing time by writing this post. Let me try to concentrate on the positive things that happened today:
  • a student brought me his white shoe polish because he noticed that the white part of my saddle shoes was getting rather worn
  • several student were very appreciative of the curve I gave their 9 weeks grade, kids who I haven't seen smile AT ALL, smiled at me! :-)
  • gosh, there has to be something else...hmmmm....not so much.

Oh well, at least 2 positive things happened today. I guess that's all. It's now nearly 4:50...10 more minutes.

OH GUESS WHAT?! The season premiere of West Wing comes on tonight. That's positive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sorry you had a bad day in our class today... i couldnt believe it when that one girl said she wanted you to get fired! i wouldnt want to have any other english teacher... youre my favorite teacher this year and i wish i could still have you my junior and senior year. you're naturally the coolest teacher ever!

i hope your day gets better!

Hannah - hannaH

PS- if you want something to make you smile, just remember... i said pop instead of soda... you seem to think its pretty funny :-P

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comments reminded me of a old friend I haven't seen for years. You and she share similar taste in footwear, although her cowboy boots were black and pointy-toed. She said that one of the reasons she liked to wear saddle shoes was that when she was having a bad day, it always made her smile when she could look down and see the black and white shoes on her feet.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home