Thursday, November 11, 2004

Magic

Maybe you all should go and see this:

I saw it opening day, which was yesterday, and it was spectacular. There were definitely some scary bits, but mostly it was magical. Under ordinary circumstances, I would not categorize it as pure magic, but since this movie is wrapped up in Christmas, it gets the Alisa Beth Mix stamp of Pure Magic. Something about a Christmas movie (well, let me qualify that to include a children's Christmas movie) makes me cry. There were tears in my eyes during most of the ride. After you see it, you should swing by Barnes and Noble, buy the book, and drink a cup of hot chocolate (in a mug of course) topped with whipped cream.
Today is a holiday, of course. After sleeping in until 7:30 (oh yes, that is sleeping in for me), I enjoyed my taped episodes of Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill from Tuesday night. This weekend I'm expecting greatness! More pure magic for me tomorrow (Finding Neverland -- at long last) and then there's the promise of sushi and another movie (hopefully The Incredibles) because Matt is finally coming back to "Palmtucky". National Honor Society is painting the parking lot on Saturday (what fun), but that's just a couple of hours. Perhaps ice cream from the Marble Slab will follow!
PS. In 7 more years, today will be 11.11.11 (won't that be super duper cool?!).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years and years ago, my Mom and I started a tradition of seeing a movie on Christmas Eve. Now it doesn't have to be a Christmas movie, but it tends to. I'm guessing my Mom will have seen this movie before then because she REALLY wants to go see it, so we'll likely pick something else. A couple added facts, the author of the book lives in Michigan and there is a town in Michigan that's businesses are decorated for Chrsitmas 365 days a year. And you thought the North Pole was further north. :-)

Matt

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went and saw that movie today... i suppose you could call it "magical"... it was pretty good...


ya know, ms mix... im still upset about you making fun of the way i say "pop" on wednesday afternoon... :-P


Hannah - hannaH

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home