Wednesday, August 04, 2004

back to school

I'm writing to you from my brand new classroom on my brand new AWESOME computer! I don't know how I got so lucky, but I did, and I'm dang thankful. My classroom sits perched on the upstaris of K-Wing (which was always the cool place to have your locker when I was a student at PBHS) and it's next door to Mrs. Beggs (my former English teacher...who I love!). Furthermore, I'm right above the deans' offices, which I'm sure will come in quite handy. I'm overlooking the patio courtyard, so I've got palm trees out my windows. I'm a hop, skip, and a jump from the front office, teacher's lounge, and the cafeteria...so really, what more could a girl want? What's that? A new computer?! Oh yeah, I got one of those too! I got to school and saw this amazing new black Dell looking nice and spiffy sitting on my desk. The best part was that it was already set up (I do not like dealing with computers at all, so the less I have to do, the better). Also, my desk got set up against the back wall of windows, so as I sit at my computer, I can look out the window! How perfect is that?! I have one of those mice with a roller ball on top (something I didn't have last year). My keyboard is awesome (my space bar would stick last year, making typing anything extrememly annoying). I guess I couldn't be happier.

Today is the first day of registration. I was sitting in the gym for the first 2 hours (until I was bumped out of there by cross country) trying to recruit students for Future Problem Solving and Odyssey of the Mind (thanks, Heather, for signing up!). It was so great to see some students come running over to say hello! I love back to school time because there's this innocent air of excitement all around. It's like the students don't mind that their parents are there and it's cute to see them walking the halls together going through the new schedule. Kids are happy to see each other again, and surprisingly enough, they're happy to see us teachers too. Great fun.

We have a phat new voicemail system that I just got finished getting trained on. I'm excited to set it all up. I was just taking a break and wanting to use my new amazing computer for something...so why not a blog?! The rest of today will include a 3 hour stint at the locker and activity fees table at registration from 1-4 pm, eating some kind of lunch relatively soon, and getting my bulletin boards set up. I can even play cds on my brand spanking new computer (again, something I could not do last year). So right now, I'm enjoying the mellow tunes of the best CD mix EVER (The Cash Brothers and Amanda Held with a side of a few others). Sadly, Kelly, I have not burned those DC4C songs onto a CD yet. Soon...very soon.

I've had enough of a break now. I'm off to do other things, like going to get colored paper for my bulletin boards! Man! Sometims teaching can be SO much fun. Today is definitely a better day than yesterday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so special have such a tribute to.... my hair. I hate it. It's stupid. I have a new dell too! AND: what are the odds? Mine's black also! So, I was still having trouble with my PC so I called Dell and guess what? My computer is perfect. It's a brand new computer. We cleared my hard drive and reinstalled windows XP so: it's a new computer! (Even though it WAS a brand new computer that I messed up! =/ ) anyways, DC4C should be a must sometime soon. Why don't you just buy the cd? I love your blog. Keep writing!
Lots of love: K.Elizabeth aka --the curl hater

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home